Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Promises

I promise I'll blog more. I promise. I didn't mention this earlier because I was too busy not blogging but Cave Wall picked up a couple of my poems a few weeks ago. Cave Wall is an awesome journal and Rhett Iseman Trull is probably the most professional editor I've encountered and is talented poet to boot. Check out Cave Wall when you get a chance...you won't regret it.

*
Victoria Change is reading at the gorgeous central library in downtown KC tomorrow night. I loved Circles. The KC Library's website is strange though; their website makes it sound as if you have to RSVP to attend the reading. But I think it's information mining; they just want to snag an e-mail, an address, and phone numbers so they can send me more junk mail.

*
By the way, I suck at promises. Now, I'm going to take the trash out; tomorrow is trash day in KC.

2 comments:

Kate Barsotti said...

Thanks for mentioning the Victoria Chang special event. We're delighted to have her at the Kansas City Public Library.

No one has to RSVP for an event, that's true. Sending us an RSVP, however, helps us in event planning a great deal: selecting the room layout, setting out the right number of chairs, preparing an adequate reception if one is provided for that event.

Only your name and number of seats is required in the RSVP form, not any other information.

If you are receiving mail or e-mails and no longer wish to, please let us know. Contact Suzanne Monahan at suzannemonahan@kclibrary.org. We are currently working on a solution to automatically unsubscribe from our list.

We appreciate your support of the Library and hope to see you soon.

Kate Barsotti
Digital and Web Manager
The Kansas City Public Library

Jonathan Barrett said...

Thanks for the heads up. You guys/gals are doing a wonderful job at the KC Public Library. I went to Victoria's reading it was wonderful.