Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday Tid Bits

This is the dialogue between my wife, Brayden (my youngest son who is turning 3 in 19 days), and I the other night (keep in mind my son has never said "I love you" to either of us because he's stubborn):

MEGAN: I love Brayden. Who do you love Brayden?

BRAYDEN: I love mommy.

MEGAN: No, I love Brayden.

BRAYDEN: I love mommy.

ME: What about me? I love Brayden. Do you love me Brayden?

BRAYDEN (taking his eyes off of me and slowly turning his gaze towards Megan): I love mommy.

MEGAN: Don't you love daddy?

BRAYDEN: I love mommy.

ME: C'mon. I love Brayden. I love Brayden. What do you say Brayden? Do you love daddy?

BRAYDEN: I love Brayden.

Megan laughed. Brayden laughed. I cried. No, actually I laughed too.

* * *

My other son Gavin (7 years old) said two hilarious things during our farkle game tonight:
  1. He told Megan and I that when he visits are tombs some day that he's going to put chicken on my tomb because I eat meat and vegtables on Megan's tomb because she's a vegetarian.
  2. He also said that his stuffed otter, which he has called baby for years, is the son of God and that his baby is just waiting to take God's place when he wants a break.
* * *

BJ made me aware of this awesome off-site reading during AWP:

6:00PM-9:00PMThe Burning Chair Readings: Ahsahta Press & Typo
Location: The Empty Bottle, 1035 N. Western Ave
Cost: Cover charge TBD by venue
Website: http://www.typomag.com/burningchair
Poetry readings from Carrie Olivia Adams, Ben Doller, Kathleen Jesme, Forrest Gander, Brenda Hillman, Alex Lemon, Barbara Maloutas, Rusty Morrison, G.E. Patterson, Marvyn Petrucci, & Stephanie Strickland.

I'm familiar with Carrie Olivia Adams, Forrest Gander, Brenda Hilman, and Alex Lemon. And I look forward to familiarizing myself with the rest.

* * *

Farkle Standings
Gavin - 19
Jon - 18
Elijah - 16
Megan - 13

No comments: