Thursday, August 7, 2008

Happy Hour

I read some more Weil today and this is what I have to share (it's from her section on evil in Gravity and Grace):

"A certain inferior kind of virtue is good's degraded image, of which we have to repent, and of which it is more difficult to repent than it is of evil--The Pharisee and the Publican."

I think she meant "The Pharisee and the RePublican" but I'm not sure since she wrote this in the early 1940's. But I like to think she meant "The Pharisee and the RePublican."

I'm going to Room 39 for a little happy hour tonight. Some of the regulars from the Main Street Rag reading series (a monthly reading series and open mic night at the Writer's Place), including the host Shawn Pavey hang out there on Late Nite happy hour nights.

Mary Biddinger has a great post on writing prompts. I like prompts especially when I'm in a slump and need to stretch a little bit.

No comments: