Monday, August 4, 2008

Send/Receive

I got up this morning and attempted to write. I desperately wanted to break out of a creative slump. But I was so exhausted all I could do was stare at the ceiling in my office. Typically when I get up early, take a shower, and get a cup of coffee in The Blue Moose mug I’m energized enough to sit down, listen to some music, and write. But this morning my mind was still hitting the snooze button. After a while I just sat there hitting the Send/Receive button in Outlook completely unaware of what I was doing. So, no go this morning. I feel like my “creative battery” is running low on juice and that I either need a jump start or a new battery and I’m not really sure what a new battery looks like. Regardless, I feel like I’ve been in a slump for 1 ½ years. I think its because of the damn dust mites. Megan thinks it’s because I’m lazy. The dust mites thinks it's because I don't read enough Jorie Graham.

No comments: