Monday, August 4, 2008

Tid Bits

I suck at Farkle. My sons, Gavin and Elijah, essentially kick my ass every night in Farkle. Yes, every night we play games before bed except for Friday nights which is WWE Friday Night SmackDown and Saturday nights which is Naruto night.

I read a little more of Ben Lerner’s The Lichtenberg Figures (for the third time) at lunch as well as Simone Weil’s Gravity and Grace.

Recent downloads: The Moldy Peaches and Kimya Dawson. Yes, I downloaded them because of Juno, which is definitely a 4 out of 5 stars based on the Netflix rating scale, which is to say, I really like it. Michael Cera was…well…Michael Cera and he was brilliant as usual. Ellen Page was outstanding. I loved Jason Bateman. Even Jennifer Garner was pretty good.

FYI...I don't know what the fuck this blog is for.

2 comments:

Brandon Jones said...

This blog is for showing everyone just how cool you really are. It's almost as cool as smoking cigarettes in front of Broadway Cafe all day long.

It started with WWE and now it is NASCAR. If I see a post about how much you admire the longevity and political boldness of Ted Nugent, I might not be able to turn the other cheek any longer. AC/DC, however, is completely acceptable.

Jonathan Barrett said...

No, no, no-I would never go as far as rub the noggin of Ted Nugent. Yes, I would most certainly hope AC/DC is still acceptable.