Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mostly Downloads

*
Downloads today:

Charles Mingus, Charles Mingus
Charlie Rouse, Takin' Care of Business
Ornette Coleman, Tomorrow is the Question
Sonny Rollins, Tenor Madness (Remastered)
Sonny Rollins, Way Out West
Sonny Rollins, Saxophone Colossus (Remastered)
Thelonious Monk and Sonny Rollins, Thelonious Monk / Sonny Rollins (Remastered)
Thelonious Monk, 5 By Monk By 5

So far my favorite is by far Charlie Rouse but Charles Mingus is right there as well. He's a great tenor saxophonist. And yes, I was in a little bit of a jazz mood this afternoon after eating Pizza Hut with the family over at Brandon and Debbie's, and talking jazz with Brandon for a little bit.

*
The week in review: I was a featured reader at the Main Street Rage Poetry Showcase last Sunday which is held here, the boys had their first full week of school this week, Megan had her first full week of school as well, I had 4 more poems picked up by Epicenter on Friday, we ate at Oklahoma Joe's on Saturday which is one of the best BBQ spots in KC, and my parents stayed with us this weekend because my sister Cindy and her new baby Gabe were in town showing off.

*
What I've been reading this week:

Matthea Harvey, Sad Little Breathing Machine
Matthea Harvey, Modern Life
Leslie Adrienne Miller, The Resurrection Trade

*
Not exciting, but there you have it. Hopefully, I'll blog a little more often next week.


No comments: