Saturday, March 22, 2008

Lack

*
My writing life over the past week can be described with one word: lack. I went from writing everyday this month to not writing for a full week: very disappointing.

*
I just finished Standing In Line For The Beast and have moved onto:

Jon Anderson, Day Moon (Carnegie Mellon)
David Roderick, Blue Colonial (APR/Honickman First Book Prize 2006, Copper Canyon Press)

They're both from a few years back but I've been looking forward to reading them for some time and those of you who know me know that I collect books by press. I'll buy 7-10 books at a time from a specific press as opposed to buying randomly or by author or new release. I like to support presses and get a feel for the larger body of work they're producing as opposed to single poets/authors here and there. It's a little obsessive as well...or uptight...take your pick. Plus I like uniformity on my bookshelf...which is pathetic.

*
Battlestar was awesome last night. As was Lost's "Confidence Man." On to disc 3 from season 1 of Lost.

No comments: