Thursday, March 13, 2008

734

*
Two weeks ago I sent out my poetry manuscript for the first time. A day later I already wanted to change the name and layout of the manuscript. Those who know me well are aware that I’ve obsessed over this manuscript for nearly five years. So my desire to change the title and layout will come as no surprise. I wish I could just let it go but I can’t: I'm constantly mulling over the poems, layout, order, quotes, epigraphs, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. So, in the coming days I’m going to tinker with a handful of alternative titles. I already have the alternative layout ready (i.e., five sections instead of three—I like breathing room). I want to narrow down the possible titles so that I can submit the manuscript out to a few more contests and/or publishers. My goal is to send it out to three in March and three in April. I have sent it out to two contests thus far so I need one more submission to achieve my March objective. One thing I’ll say, on a side note and anybody who has sent out their manuscript can attest to this: it can get expensive quick.


*
Things continue to get worse for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and thus the mortgage industry. According to Tami Luhby, a CNNMoney staff writer, “Investors are now shunning mortgage-backed securities issued by government sponsored enterprises Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which have been critical in keeping the real estate market from completely falling apart.” This is another reason why FHA may be the only viable option for some prospective and existing homeowners.


*
Rejections to date: 734 (I miscalculated the other day)

No comments: