Sunday, March 30, 2008

Uneventful Weekend


*
Very, very uneventful weekend:
watched Spongebob Square Pants with the kids, did laundry, played with cars and moon sand (I hate moon sand: it shows up everywhere), watched a little more Spongebob Square Pants, the boys played Lord of the Rings video game on Xbox, cleaned the kitchen and dog poop in the backyard, played baseball with the boys in the poop free yard (after buying whiffle balls, a new Easton Little League bat, and a glove for Gavin), beat my son twice in FIFA Soccer 2006 (I should have let him win...but I just couldn't), played UNO a lot, and much, much more. At night I drank Glenfiddich Single Malt Scotch (not the best whisky but it did the trick) and watched either Lost or Battlestar.

*
I also finished Redivider (5.1). My favorites:

"Pathogenesis," Dan Pribble
"La Maison du Fada," Rebecca Hall
"Poor Yorick," Adrianna Ranta
both of Sue Standing's poems: "Deseret" and "Under the Sign Of"

I was also able to add one more book to my Book List. Sue Standing was published by Four Way Books back in 2003: False Horizon. Again, this is a little obsessive but I collect books based on publisher because I would rather have, for example, 10 Four Way Books books on my shelf so that I have a better feel for Four Way Books. Four Way Books happens to be on my "collect from this press list" and I have 12 titles in my office.

I don't like plithera of different individual titles from different presses spattered across my shelves. This is good because I believe I can gain a greater appreciation for individual presses but it can also be a bad thing because I procrastinate picking up individual titles with presses I'm not collecting currently. Which is why I break the rules from time to time or if I really want a specific book, like Michael Dumanis' My Soviet Union or James Allen Hall's Now You're Enemy I break down and buy 3-5 titles from U Mass Press or Univ of Arkansas Press. So, if anybody has any suggestions for poetry from U Mass Press or Univ of Arkansas Press I'm all ears. I have a small working list of authors but I'm not familiar with many of the poets published by both presses.

No comments: