Friday, January 16, 2009

Bathroom Soap Dispensers

Megan saw a woman at Target wearing a Marshalltown Bobcats (the mascot for Marshalltown Senior High) sweatshirt. We don't see many folks in Kansas City from Marshalltown so Megan asked her if she was from Marshalltown. The woman responded by saying something like "no, I'm not from Marshalltown." Megan, somewhat taken back, said that she only asked because of the sweatshirt. The woman then said in an exclamatory tone (in a slightly southern Missouri drawl) "I'm not from Marshalltown!" and walked off; although I envision her storming or stomping off.

*
I love Farkle so here's a Farkle standings update:

Gavin - 18
Jon - 16
Elijah - 15
Meg - 12

I've climbed out of the gutter. But Gavin is still the "King of Farkle." The other night Gavin said "when I roll good I think of bathroom soap dispensers." I have no idea what he meant. Both Megan and I asked but his explanation didn't make sense. Sense doesn't matter I suppose though: what he said was creative and funny.

*
I've finished the following books so far this month:
  • Bill Rasmovicz, The World In Place of Itself
    • One foot in the ethereal, one foot on the street corner. I liked it.
  • Peggy Hamilton, forbidden city
    • I'm not sure what to think about PH's forbidden city. All I can think about is a scene from episode one of the first season of Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia. If you know the show...I'll let you guess what scene I'm referring to...if you know PH's forbidden city.
Much more reading to go. But of course, I'm sure I'll purchase a bunch more books at AWP.

No comments: