Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Stuff

I was going to blog about "Typography in Poetry" (my first post about my "poetry book score card") but I have a cold that's kicking my ass. So my brain isn't up for anything overtly demanding. So, instead I'm going to say that I love Cate Marvin's Fragment of the Head of Queen. Cate Marvin kicks ass. I just said "kicks ass" or a similar variation twice in one paragraph. Fuck!

I'm currently reading:
  • Matthew Harvey, Pity the Bathtub Its Forced Embrace of the Human Form
  • Arts & Letters (Issue 18)
  • Indiana Review (30.2)
    • There's an incredible shorty story by Anthony Farrington in this issue
  • Shih-Shah Henry Tsai, Perpetual Happiness: The Ming Emperor Yongle
  • Saul Bellow, Henderson the Rain King
I'm hoping to post a semi-review of Cate Marvin's in the next week.

*
Check this out:

A 93-year-old man froze to death inside his home just days after the municipal power company restricted his use of electricity because of unpaid bills, officials said.

This is the kind of indifference that just baffles me. Doesn't the municipal power company have any culpability in this tragedy given the age of the customer?

No comments: