Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pay Day

Tonight I've got nothing but bullet points:
  • Today was pay day which meant Pay Day Sushi. A few of my colleagues and I celebrate pay day by going out for sushi.
  • Megan forgot to pick me up from work. My call at 7:07 pm and went like this: "Hey Megan where are you?" I was expecting her to say "I'm on I-435" or "I'm a few minutes away...be looking for me." Nope. She said something like "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry...its past 7 isn't it." I didn't get home until after 8 pm because we stopped at Target for toilet paper and for a 6 pack of Guinness.
  • I'm so one of those people.
  • I ate two bowls of frosted mini-wheats for dinner.
  • I drank a glass of Glinlivet and had a pint of Guinness for desert.
  • I watched an episode of The Tudors.
  • I'm definitely one those people: a mere food eater. I'm not complaining though...so is life: a few splashes here and there (or death defying dives) but mostly treading water. I just want to enjoy the scenery while I tread water.
I was checking out a few off-site events at AWP and there's a couple cool ones on Friday night definitely worth checking out:

6:00PM NO THOUSANDS: A Small Press Reading
Location: The Empty Bottle, 1035 N. Western Ave.
Cost: Free
Black Ocean; Cannibal Books; Forklift, Ohio; Octopus Books; and Rope-A-Dope Press Present: Dean Young, Johannes Gransson, Joshua Harmon, Claire Donato, Kevin Holden, Russell Dillon, Alexis Orgera, Eric Baus, Shane McCrae, Sampson Starkweather, and Chris Tonelli.

8:00PM Rabbit Light Live
Location: New Wave Coffee, 2557 N. Milwaukee Ave, Chicago
Cost: Free
Website: http://www.rabbitlightmovies.com
Readings by poets Srikanth Reddy, Lisa Fishman, Lily Brown, Noah Eli Gordon, Arda Collins, Richard Meier, Sarah Gridley, Suzanne Buffam, Abraham Smith, Sara Veglahn, Jaswinder Bolina, and Christopher Stackhouse.

Black Ocean and Octopus Books are awesome. I don't know much about the other presses but if this event is any thing like last years event in Brooklyn it will be fucking cool.

2 comments:

B.J. said...

I am SO glad you're into the same things I am...if Megan ever dumps you, I'll be right here waiting.

Jonathan Barrett said...

I don't know how far apart these events are but I know where we're going to be on Friday the 13th. Hopefully catching both of them.