Thursday, January 22, 2009

In Review

This is a completely worthless post but I've been utilizing Netflix profusely since canceling cable. I've watch the following movies this month thus far (including ratings):

Charlie Bartlett, 5 out of 5
The Darjeeling Limited, 3 out of 5
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, 2 out of 5
The Other Boleyn Girl, 2 out of 5
Burn After Reading, 2 out of 5
Hancock, 3.5 out of 5
Signs, 4 out of 5

These ratings are based on the Netflix rating scale:

1 = I hated it
2 = I didn't like it
3 = I liked it
4 = I really liked it
5 = I loved it

I don't love a lot of movies. A movie has to really impress me and Charlie Bartlett really impressed me. Anton Viktorovich Yelchin was pretty amazing not to mention the fact that Robert Downey Jr. is pretty cool.

Of course I've seen Signs oodles of times before but I was a bad Dad and let my kids (Elijah and Gavin...not the youngest) watch it. They've seen it before at my in-laws so I didn't figure it would be a big deal. But of course, it freaked them out. Quite frankly it freaked me out when I first saw it in the theatre. After the movie I was standing outside our apartment drinking a beer. The screen was open and my wife started making the alien-clicking noise which startled me. Megan speaks alien-click fluently.

I loved the cast in The Darjeeling Limited but wasn't overly impressed by the movie. I usually enjoy John C. Reilly (he was great in Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby and not so great in Stepbrothers), but I didn't enjoy Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story.

Like I said...pointless post.

1 comment:

Brandon Jones said...

I am just glad that you feel the same way I do about "Burn After Reading." It pails in comparison to "Fargo."