Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bills

Today I was thrown out of my routine. The day started well: after getting up at 6:15, drinking some coffee and what not, I read a little of Cate Marvin's Fragment of the Head of a Queen and wrote for an hour or so.

But then I got to work and had 3 hours of training which threw me all out of whack. I work for a bank, and as a result, I have a bevy of compliance related annual training classes I have to attend. Today it was Fair Lending which covered HMDA, the Fair Housing Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, and the Community Recover Act. These are all very important anti-discriminatory acts in the real estate and financing realms but the training still disrupted my routine and put me 3 hours behind in what was an already busy day. But I'm not complaining...I like busy!!! I really do!!!

Tonight I have nothing interesting...I'm paying a months worth of bills because tomorrow's payday. I only get paid once per month so that means a lot of budgeting as well. But if I get done early there will be Glenlivet and beer to celebrate the completion of "bill day" and "pay day."

I wish I could blog about something more interesting but alas...it's not going to happen so I'll end things with one word: phenomenology. There, that's interesting.

No comments: