Monday, January 12, 2009

Belated Christmas Book List

This is a little late but besides some new Fiestaware and cologne I received the following books for Christmas (most of which were purchased with several Barnes and Nobles gift cards):

Saul Bellow, Novels 1956-1964
Michelle de Montaigne, An Apology for Raymond Sebond
Craig Cotter, Chopstix Numbers
Linda Dyer, Fictional Teeth
Peggy Hamilton, forbidden city
David Mutschelcner, Esse
Ethan Paquin, The Violence
Lance Phillips, Cur aliquid vidi
Lance Phillips, Corpus socius
Carolyn Wright, Stealing the Children
Leslie Adrienne Miller, Yesterday Had A Man In It
Tina Brown Celona, Snip Snip!
Tina Brown Celona, The Real Moon of Poetry and Other Poems
Anthony McCann, Father Noise
Joyelle McSweeney, The Commandrine and Other Poems
Joyelle McSweeney, The Red Bird
Robert Creeley, Life & Death
Robert Creeley, Just In Time: Poems 1984-1994
Jerome Rothenberg, Vienna Blood & other poems

I guess you could say I've got a lot of reading to do. In addition to these books I found a bunch of books I thought I got rid of during "The Great Purge of 2006" (which I don't have time to get into right now). I found, among others, my The Collected Poems of Frank O'Hara and Selected Poems of Robert Creeley which are both lovely editions from the University of California Press. I was elated and had to re-arrange my bookshelves as a result.

I want to rate each book after I read it. I love rating movies through Netflix. They have a very simplistic rating scale:

1 = I hated it
2 = I didn't like it
3 = I liked it
4 = I really liked it
5 = I loved it

I've developed a similar rate system but use a convoluted and nerdy scorecard to arrive at my rating. But I don't know if I'm going to post the ratings. It's more difficult to publicly rate a book of poetry than it is a movie. I'll probably go into more detail tomorrow.

No comments: