Monday, January 26, 2009

Farkle

I love Farkle. I've blogged about it before but I have to admit that it's my favorite game and I love playing it with Megan and the boys. As I have done before our Farkle standings to date are:

Gavin - 18
Jon - 17
Elijah - 16
Megan - 12

The numbers above represent the number of games each person has won. Gavin has been the "King of Farkle" since September and hasn't relinquished his top spot in almost 6 months. He rubs his "blanky" for good luck with his right hand fingers while rolling with his left hand.

Speaking of Gavin, the other night he said something hilarious and disturbing for a parent during a Farkle game. The objective in Farkle is to be the first to reach 10,000+ points. Once a player reaches 10,000+ points, the other players have one turn to beat the top score.

Gavin reached 11,050 and the nearest score was 9,050 which typically is a pretty safe cushion. But not on Sunday night. Megan rolled doubles and then 1,200. When I announced the mom had just passed him he screamed "dammit."

We all froze. His jaw dropped and eyes bulged. We stared at him in opulent silence. Then Megan started chuckling. I couldn't contain myself so I started laughing. Of course, Elijah laughed. And finally Gavin cracked a smile and stated rather profusely and repeatedly "I meant to say darn it! I meant to say darn it!" Through our snickering and lack of composure both Megan and I stated "that's not an appropriate word...we don't use that word."

Of course we probably lost all credibility by laughing. I think we were both so utterly shocked and we were both feeling like "dammit" because it seemed impossible that Megan was going to beat his score. And by the way, Elijah topped by Megan and Gavin with a final score of 11,550.

Perhaps, I'll bring my travel Farkle to AWP and coax BJ, Luke, and Marc into a drunken game of Farkle. We'll see...

I'm so one of those guys...blogging about Farkle?

No comments: